4.16.2008

Crystal Antlers


From the sounds of things, Crystal Antlers have been tearing up and down the left coast and since they've been sharing stages with the likes of RSTB faves Magic Lantern, Wooden Shjips and Darker My Love; it seemed about time to check them out. For the record I'm pretty damn glad I did, with a sound that's rooted in crazed organ psych and the golden throat of Johnny Bell, whose screams can mix it up with Ethan Miller any day; this band is more than deserving of any acclaim being heaped upon them. I only regret that they're camped on the wrong side of the country for me to see their celebrated live shows. The EP is ringed in equal parts smolder and flame with huge builds and walls of noise blasted psych-o-blues culminating in the epic "Parting Song for the Torn Sky". I highly suggest picking up the eponymous EP and I think I might be headed back for their previous two 7"s. Can't wait 'til this commotion gets laid down on a full slab of wax.

Download:
[MP3] Crystal Antlers - Untill the Sun Dies (Part 2)
[MP3] Crystal Antlers - Vexation

Support the artist. Buy it HERE
Bookmark and Share
posted by dissensous at 9:50:00 AM

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, thanks for alerting me to this band, they are amazing!
although did chek their myspace and i think you've labelled 'untill the sun dies (part 2)' wrongly, isn't it 'thousand eyes' nothing massive
thanks though!

4:13 PM  
Blogger dissensous said...

Well the handy insert from the EP lists this track as "Untill the Sund Dies (part 2)" perhaps they changed it later. That I cannot say.

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home