7.24.2006

Mariee Sioux

A woman picks a guitar effortlessly under an orchard tree full with autumn leaves. She is barefoot, beautiful and stares into the clouds; never glancing down at the strings while she plays. She plays to the wind with little care for whomever else might be listening. Her songs aren't sad but there is sorrow in them. Her songs aren't happy but there is joy in them.
Sioux's songs creep from the corners of the room and roll down the back of your neck; surprising your senses and giving you a slight chill. She echoes herself in a perfectly nuanced double tracked vocal, like whispers of long lost loves that wake you from a dream. Her voice is clear and strong with just the sligtest western twang that adds an unmistakeable humanity to her songs. She has no album as of yet but we can only wait and hope.

Download:
[MP3] Mariee Sioux -Buried In Teeth
[MP3] Mariee Sioux -Wizard
[MP3] Mariee Sioux -Ghosts In My Heart

Bookmark and Share
posted by dissensous at 9:38:00 AM

7 Comments:

Blogger Scott Sileo musician said...

I like your blog! I have recently enjoyed some of your music, e.g., Winter Took His Life. Thank you for the tunes and photos and commentary.

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The description in your blog for this beautiful bee is perfect. I love her brown face

6:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said. As her Father, I couldn,t agree more.

11:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought her cd on CD Baby. I'll be giving them to my friends and family for christmas. Such a lovely voice and the imagry in the songs take me away from my own humdrume life.
Jansa

7:53 PM  
Blogger Mike Ayvazian said...

thank you thank you so much for these songs
i can't wait for the cd to be released so i can try to get it...
(i live in the lebanon and this sort of music never makes it to our music shops here...)
so again, thank you

8:58 PM  
Blogger olly said...

I can't believe how she can perform 'Bundles' a 10 minutes with such a lightness... What else to be said.. charm !

4:16 PM  
Blogger Amber Pixie Shehan said...

Oh, thank you for sharing these few songs - as soon as I have the spare cash I will be purchasing an album!

My husband heard some of Mairee's music on pandora.com yesterday and knew I'd adore her.

You have a great blog here, by the way! Take care!

6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home